*exhales deeply* is there such an expression? anyway, its been donkey years since i've updated my blog. no wonder my friends regard my blog as a dead blog where you have to wait till the cows come home for it to be updated. it is probably due to the busy-ness again. *sigh*
ms venisha asked us to write a poem for our fathers in reply to the "If" poem for father's day. i know, fathers day was like donkey years ago. anyway, we got into groups. angie and i joined mei fong, pravitra and andrea. suddenly, ms venisha popped out of nowhere and asked either andrea or pravitra to move to another group. they are the only indians in our group and teacher wants to move one of them. don't ask me why. racism perhaps? nah, let's just drop the subject in order to keep my head. XD
so, we were thinking of what to write for the poem and this was what we came up with.
I am your daughter
You are my father
I am young and
You are old
I am learning
You have taught me well
I am like the capati
You are like the dhal when
I am down
You spice up my life
I love you and
You love me.
btw, the 1st four lines and the capati and dhal was mei fong's idea. laugh all you want but do not copy! lol. oh! and we have fulfilled ms venisha's request. we have symbol and repetition. oh no! we forgot personification. nah, its okie. with mei fong's brilliant poem writing skill, i'm sure we'll come up with something. till then, cheers! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment